Microsoft Big Data Solutions
Tap the power of Big Data with Microsoft technologies
Big Data is here, and Microsoft’s new Big Data platform is a valuable tool to help your company get the very most out of it. This timely book shows you how to use HDInsight along with HortonWorks Data Platform for Windows to store, manage, analyze, and share Big Data throughout the enterprise. Focusing primarily on Microsoft and HortonWorks technologies but also covering open source tools, Microsoft Big Data Solutions explains best practices, covers on-premises and cloud-based solutions, and features valuable case studies.
Best of all, it helps you integrate these new solutions with technologies you already know, such as SQL Server and Hadoop.
– Walks you through how to integrate Big Data solutions in your company using Microsoft’s HDInsight Server, HortonWorks Data Platform for Windows, and open source tools
– Explores both on-premises and cloud-based solutions
– Shows how to store, manage, analyze, and share Big Data through the enterprise
– Covers topics such as Microsoft’s approach to Big Data, installing and configuring HortonWorks Data Platform for Windows, integrating Big Data with SQL Server, visualizing data with Microsoft
and HortonWorks BI tools, and more
– Helps you build and execute a Big Data plan
– Includes contributions from the Microsoft and HortonWorks Big Data product teams
Adam Jorgensen is the President of Pragmatic Works and the Executive Vice President of PASS. He has extensive experience with data warehousing, analytics, and NoSQL architectures.
James Rowland-Jones is a principal consultant for The Big Bang Data Company. He specializes in big data warehouse solutions that leverage SQL Server Parallel Data Warehouse and Hadoop ecosystems.
John Welch is Vice President of Software Development at Pragmatic Works, where he leads the development of a suite of BI and data products for SQL Server and related technologies.
DOWNLOAD CHAPTER (.PDF): What is Big Data?