Richard Wendell is the Global Head, Data Science and Strategic Analytics for TE Connectivity (TEL), the $13.5B global electronics manufacturer. In this role, Mr. Wendell leads the global team responsible for data science and analytics across the company. Mr. Wendell was brought into the company to construct the data science team from scratch and to pioneer the company’s move into advanced analytics.
Prior to joining TE Connectivity, Mr. Wendell was Vice President, Global Strategy & Business Development at American Express, where he led the company’s move into analytics-driven business models. Before American Express, Mr. Wendell’s twelve years of experience include co-founding several technology start-up companies, driving the successful turnaround of an IT services firm, and management consulting to Fortune 100 telecommunications clients. Mr. Wendell holds an MBA in Decision Technologies from the Tepper School at Carnegie Mellon and an undergraduate degree in Philosophy and Mathematics, Summa Cum Laude, from Brandeis University.
Boards and Memberships
- MIT Chief Data Officer Executive Network
- IBM Chief Data Officer Executive Forum
- New York Chief Data Officer Group – Advisory Board
- Operational Database Management Systems (ODBMS) – Experts Panel
- New York Venture Capital Association, Board Member, June 2011 – September 2013
Recent Publications and Presentations
- “The Use of Analytics in Smart Sensors, Measurement and Instrumentation,” Advisor to Frost & Sullivan, 2015.
- “Monetizing Data Analytics across the Enterprise,” IBM Chief Data Officer Executive Forum, San Francisco, 2015.
- “Creating Business Impact from Analytics,” KDnuggets, 2014.
- “From Insight to Impact: Lessons Learned in Executing the ‘Last Mile’ of Analytics Projects,” Manufacturing Analytics Summit, Chicago, 2014.
- “Executing the ‘Last Mile’ of Analytics,” Big Data Innovation Summit, Santa Clara Convention Center, 2014.
- “Creating Business Impact from Analytics,” IQPC Big Data Exchange, New York, 2014.