Cognitive Computing and Big Data Analytics
Today’s cognitive computing solutions build on established concepts from artificial intelligence, natural language processing, ontologies, and leverage advances in big data management and analytics. They foreshadow an intelligent infrastructure that enables a new generation of customer and context-aware smart applications in all industries.
Cognitive Computing is a comprehensive guide to the subject, providing both the theoretical and practical guidance technologists need.
- Discover how cognitive computing evolved from promise to reality
- Learn the elements that make up a cognitive computing system
- Understand the groundbreaking hardware and software technologies behind cognitive computing
- Learn to evaluate your own application portfolio to find the best candidates for pilot projects
- Leverage cognitive computing capabilities to transform the organization
Cognitive systems are rightly being hailed as the new era of computing. Learn how these technologies enable emerging firms to compete with entrenched giants, and forward-thinking established firms to disrupt their industries. Professionals who currently work with big data and analytics will see how cognitive computing builds on their foundation, and creates new opportunities. Cognitive Computing provides complete guidance to this new level of human-machine interaction.
Judith S. Hurwitz is President and CEO of Hurwitz & Associates, a research and consulting firm focused on emerging technology, and is a leading strategy consultant.
Marcia Kaufman is a Principal Analyst and COO of Hurwitz & Associates, with leadership in big data and advanced analytics, information management, and business strategy.
Adrian Bowles is President and CEO of STORM Insights, Inc., a market analytics firm providing research and advisory services for buyers, sellers, and investors in emerging technology markets.