Big Data in Complex and Social Networks
My T. Thai, Weili Wu, Hui Xiong
- Addresses the intersection of Big Data and Social Networks
- Discusses scalable algorithms for various problems in large-scale complex and social networks
- Explores information extraction and the prediction of web content
- Focuses on data storage, processing, and visualization
- Analyzes privacy and security issues, including rumor diffusion
- Includes examples of massive data applications, including multilayer networks and multiparty systems
This book presents recent developments on the theoretical, algorithmic, and application aspects of Big Data in Complex and Social Networks. The book consists of four parts, covering a wide range of topics.The first part of the book focuses on data storage and data processing. It explores how the efficient storage of data can fundamentally support intensive data access and queries, which enables sophisticated analysis. It also looks at how data processing and visualization help to communicate information clearly and efficiently. The second part of the book is devoted to the extraction of essential information and the prediction of web content. The book shows how Big Data analysis can be used to understand the interests, location, and search history of users and provide more accurate predictions of User Behavior.
The latter two parts of the book cover the protection of privacy and security, and emergent applications of big data and social networks. It analyzes how to model rumor diffusion, identify misinformation from massive data, and design intervention strategies. Applications of big data and social networks in multilayer networks and multiparty systems are also covered in-depth.