2 February 2017, London, New York & Shenzhen: McObject, developer of the ultra-efficient database system for real-time and historical data analysis, announced today a new version of its eXtremeDB® Financial Edition database management system. The new v.7.1 release brings a host of benefits, including built-in feed handlers for Thomson Reuters and Vela, along with 4x faster data loading for large volumes of tick data, facilitating rapid and easy development for risk and quant modeling.
Steve Graves, CEO and co-founder of McObject, says: “We’ve already set the bar for performance and have worked hard to make the new version even faster and more efficient. The changes are focused on the global financial markets and geared towards reducing the time it takes to load and analyze data. Clients particularly value this for risk management, and of course it helps them meet regulatory requirements such as MiFID II and FRTB, both of which demand storage and fast analysis of vast volumes of data.” He continues: “We intend to bring out more industry-standard feed handlers in due course, which will give our clients even more flexibility.”
The key enhancements include:
- Thomson Reuters and Vela feed handlers: these plug & play feed handlers mean that data loading is seamless, enabling clients to ingest market data feeds into their databases quickly and efficiently. Clients are now also able to build their own data loaders very quickly.
- SQL engine improvements: it’s now quicker and easier to query the eXtremeDB database using the industry-standard query language. This is very useful for quants, for example, allowing them to focus on analytics, rather than on syntactic detail and workarounds.
- Ultra-fast bulk loading: large amounts of tick data can now be loaded 4x more quickly. This is particularly important for loading history for risk and quant modeling.
- Shard-per-thread: sharding is a technique to scale performance through horizontal distribution of data. New for eXtremeDB Financial Edition, shard-per-thread is a very efficient and simpler method of scaling on a multi-core server. eXtremeDB also scales efficiently across multiple physical and virtual servers.
- Incremental backup/restore: with tick databases constantly increasing in size, a complete backup/restore can be very time consuming. v.7.1 automatically detects the changes in a database, and only backs those up, speeding up that process. This enhancement dramatically improves the operational efficiency of eXtremeDB.
- SSL support: encrypted communication over the network for secure data transmission is now available between any two eXtremeDB components (e.g. client, server, master, standby, or cluster node. eXtremeDB now supports encryption of data in transit as well as data at rest.
Graves adds: “McObject always uses industry-standard programming languages, so our clients require no special training and can start using our database very quickly.” eXtremeDB® Financial Edition has numerous applications, including risk management, surveillance, compliance, very fast processing and analysis of big data, as well as helping financial institutions meet regulatory requirements.
Founded by database and real-time systems experts, McObject offers proven, ultra-fast data management technology. The company’s background and expertise in defense and aviation sectors means that its technology is exceptionally reliable and robust. In 2016, STAC® benchmark results showed eXtremeDB Financial Edition to be the most predictably fast and scalable tick data management solution for trading systems using high data volumes.
eXtremeDB Financial Edition is designed specifically for the global financial markets and delivers the most powerful solution for managing time series data, including market data. It’s used by banks, exchanges, hedge funds and other financial institutions in a broad range of areas, such as risk management, algorithmic trading, compliance (MiFID II, FRTB) and many others. Among its customers are industry leaders such as TradeStation, NSE.IT, SunGard, Transaction Network Services, Dalian Commodity Exchange and Financial Technologies of India Ltd. (FTIL) along with BAE Systems, Motorola and Boeing.
McObject uses powerful, industry-standard tools and languages, such as SQL, Python, C/C++, Java and C#. In the UK and Europe McObject is represented by its partner, MCO Europe, based in the City of London.For more information please call +1 425-888-8505 or email email@example.com.
McObject and eXtremeDB are registered trademarks of McObject LLC. All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Alla Lapidus / Anne-Charlotte Duhaut
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7250 4770