MarkLogic Extends its Market Leadership with Faster Data Integration, Industry-Leading Data Security and Manageability Features for Optimal Productivity,Data Access and Governance
San Carlos, Calif. – May 16, 2017 – Today at the 12th annual MarkLogic World user conference in Chicago, IL, , the leading operational and transactional Enterprise NoSQL database provider, launched MarkLogic 9, the latest release of the world’s best database for integrating data from silos.
With new data integration, security and manageability capabilities, MarkLogic 9 enables organizations to more rapidly, easily and affordably achieve a unified, actionable 360-degree view of their data – whether in the cloud or on-premise – to build next-generation applications, drive business outcomes, mitigate risk and reduce operating costs.
The MarkLogic database platform is the next-generation alternative to the decades-old relational databases that rely on cumbersome, time-consuming ETL (extract, transform and load) tools to integrate data from silos. The MarkLogic 9 database provides the agility, flexibility and scalability of NoSQL, combined with enterprise-hardened features like certified security and high availability. Building on a base of advanced features such as bitemporal, semantics and cloud support, MarkLogic 9 adds new enterprise-grade features to make data integration faster and easier, data security stronger and more granular, and database management more efficient.
Key among these new capabilities are:
Faster, Easier Data Integration. MarkLogic 9 introduces capabilities that are unique in the database market that further facilitate and ease the integration of data from silos.
· Entity Services allows organizations to manage messy, ever-changing data sources by allowing them to define and evolve a model and vocabulary that harmonizes real-world entities, such as customers and products, and the relationships between them.
· Optic is a revolutionary new API that lets developers view their data as documents, graphs or rows, providing unparalleled flexibility and efficiency.
Industry-Leading Data Security. The new security and privacy features in MarkLogic 9 provide an unprecedented ability to leverage and share data securely and privately.
- Advanced encryption protects data from hackers and insider threats using standards-based cryptography, advanced key management and granular separation of duties.
- Element-Level Security goes beyond the existing document-level security to allow specific elements of a document to be hidden from particular users. The increased granularity means greater data protection.
- Redaction eliminates the exposure of sensitive information, such as Social Security numbers, by removing specific information or replacing it with other values in order to prevent leakage of sensitive data. Most importantly, it gives enterprises the assurances they need to share data safely.
More Manageable and More Productive. MarkLogic 9 enhances manageability and productivity with new tools, new monitoring, and enhancements for non-disruptive operations.
· Ops Director is a foundational new tool that eases management for system administrators across multiple clusters, cloud and on-premises systems, and production, test and development environments.
· Telemetry is an opt-in feature that enables better and faster support by collecting, encrypting and sending diagnostic system-level information to MarkLogic so it is there immediately when needed.
“I couldn’t be more excited about MarkLogic 9. Our global customers have the most demanding applications in the world and they have played an integral role in helping us shape what is a major step forward in the way next-generation databases are used and the value they bring,” said Joe Pasqua, Executive Vice President, Products, MarkLogic. “To stay competitive in a world where data is exploding and requirements change daily, enterprises need to able to leverage their data assets quickly, efficiently, securely and in real-time. MarkLogic 9’s new cutting-edge capabilities will make their jobs easier and their results better.”
“In order to innovate and drive positive business outcomes from their most critical data assets, companies must be able to move and integrate their data across company silos, and multi–hosted environments without compromising data lineage, security or governance,” said Carl Olofson, Research Vice President, International Data Corporation (IDC). “Few databases on the market today can offer a full package of enterprise grade data agility, governance, and security features to address those requirements. MarkLogic has been able to deliver capabilities in each of these areas with their NoSQL database technology. As more companies look to gain a competitive advantage from their data, NoSQL can be a key digital transformation technology that provides a bridge to the future where companies can blend emerging third platform data with conventional managed data, taking advantage of cheap infrastructure, and elastic compute power to achieve a 360-degree view of the company’s data assets.”
“The MarkLogic database is pivotal to our digital transformation program. By bringing together digital systems and capabilities to enable greater information sharing and knowledge creation with and among our stakeholders, Marklogic’s next-generation NoSQL technology is allowing us to more effectively achieve our mission of building and promoting policies that improve global economic and social well-being,” said Omar Baig, Head of Digital, Knowledge and Information Service, OECD. “We chose MarkLogic as one of core database platforms for all future applications that are part of our 2021 strategic roadmap. With MarkLogic’s search and semantics capabilities, and robust and secure enterprise features, it provides us with a smart, efficient way to connect and enhance documents, and ensure the right information gets to the right people, in the right context, as quickly as possible.”
Data experts from organizations such as Aetna, BBC, KPMG, NBCUniversal and hundreds of others are leveraging the MarkLogic database to integrate data from silos without implementing costly and time-consuming ETL tools. Enterprises and organizations can then operationalize their data to create new revenue and market opportunities, improve time to production and manage risk.
For more information about MarkLogic 9, visit www.marklogic.com/what-is-marklogic/whats-new.
For over a decade, organizations around the world have come to rely on MarkLogic to power their innovative information applications.
As the world’s experts at integrating data from silos, MarkLogic’s operational and transactional Enterprise NoSQL database platform empowers our customers to build next generation applications on a unified, 360-degree view of their data. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, MarkLogic has offices throughout the U.S., Europe, Asia and Australia. For more information, please visit www.marklogic.com.
© 2017 MarkLogic Corporation. MarkLogic and the MarkLogic logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of MarkLogic Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
# # #