Free, Open Source Tool Monitors Performance and Provides Actionable Insights for MySQL and MongoDB Variants
DUBLIN, Ireland – PERCONA LIVE OPEN SOURCE DATABASE CONFERENCE EUROPE – Sept. 26, 2017 – Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL® and MongoDB® and other database solutions and services, today announced the release of Percona Monitoring and Management 1.3 (PMM), a significant update to the free and open-source platform for managing and monitoring MySQL®, MariaDB® and MongoDB® performance. This updated version adds new capabilities for improving the performance of MongoDB deployments and the MyRocks storage engine for MySQL.
Percona Monitoring and Management provides point-in-time visibility and historical trending of database performance that enables DBAs and application developers to optimize the performance of their databases. Percona Monitoring and Management now includes:
- Query Analytics (QAN) for MongoDB
- Helps improve application performance by allowing DBAs to identify and resolve slow queries and bottlenecks in MongoDB.
- Enables faster issue resolution by providing granular visibility into MongoDB query metrics, such as query count, query time, rows sent, rows examined, and the worst performing query within a set time range.
- Provides insight into queries taking up the most MongoDB resources by sourcing data from the MongoDB query profiler.
- MyRocks Storage Engine Support –
- New dashboards enable administrators to quickly identify performance metrics of MyRocks, a MySQL storage engine based on Facebook’s RocksDB.
- Allows administrators to analyze real-time and historical performance metrics from Percona Server for MySQL instances utilizing the MyRocks storage engine.
Percona Monitoring and Management combines several best-of-breed tools, including Grafana, Prometheus, and Consul, in a single, easy-to-manage virtual appliance, along with Percona-developed query analytics, administration, API, agent and exporter components. Percona Monitoring and Management monitors and provides actionable performance data for MySQL variants, including Oracle MySQL Community Edition, Oracle MySQL Enterprise Edition, Percona Server for MySQL, and MariaDB, as well as MongoDB variants, including MongoDB Community Edition and Percona Server for MongoDB.
Peter Zaitsev, Co-founder and CEO of Percona
“As organizations increasingly rely on open source databases for their fast-growing, mission-critical production environments, having tools for discovering bottlenecks that impact application performance is essential. Percona Monitoring and Management enables enterprises to deploy a free, open source tool to ensure their data is working as efficiently as possible.”
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software,Support, Consulting and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for thePercona Database Performance Blog, and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona®, XtraBackup®, TokuDB® and Fractal Tree® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.