White paper: High Availability with MariaDB TX: The Definitive Guide
Learn how to choose a high availability strategy based on specific requirements
MariaDB TX supports high availability with asynchronous and semi-synchronous master/slave replication as well as synchronous multi-master replication with clustering. Which one is right for you?
It depends on your use case, and the performance, durability and consistency guarantees it requires. For example, the performance and consistency requirements of shopping carts may differ from purchase orders.
In this white paper, you will learn:
- How master/slave replication and multi-master clustering works
- The trade-offs between async, semi-sync and synchronous replication
- What type of topology to deploy and when
- The failover process for multiple HA configurations
- How to tune for performance, durability and consistency
- Why a database proxy is critical for high availability