FORTUNE 100 Healthcare Provider
A U.S. Fortune 500 Healthcare Provider realized an urgent necessity for a Disaster Recovery (DR) system for its enterprise data warehouses. They wanted the destination to be in the cloud and needed to significantly reduce CAPEX and OPEX. The requirement that the existing applications on their Teradata Data Warehouse communicate seamlessly with both the on-premise data warehouse and the Amazon Redshift disaster recovery data warehouse they had selected was an insurmountable obstacle for the business. Datometry’s Adaptive Data Virtualization™ technology allowed the existing applications to communicate with the Amazon Redshift data warehouses instantly during a failover situation, without rewriting their applications.
The Healthcare Provider was facing the following challenges:
- An urgent necessity for a disaster recovery data warehouse system, which needed to be cloud-native to take advantage of the latest technology and significantly reduce CAPEX and OPEX.
- The customer’s existing Teradata applications needed to communicate seamlessly with the Amazon Redshift data warehouse, and facilitating this communication was believed to be an unsurmountable roadblock.
- Datometry ran a quick automated analysis of the customer’s Teradata application workloads using its Hyper-Q QueryIntelligence™ software and found that its flagship product Datometry® Hyper-Q™ provided full coverage of the customer’s BI and ETL workloads, removing the need for rewriting the applications.
- Datometry generated the schema for the new disaster recovery data warehouse instantaneously, saving the customer months of manual schema mapping and testing.
- Hyper-Q enabled applications to communicate natively with Teradata and Amazon Redshift during a failover situation.
Why the Data Architect Chose Datometry
Enabling Heterogeneous Disaster Recovery Architecture
Hyper-Q enabled the customer to instantly run its existing Teradata applications between the primary data warehouse (Teradata) and a new Disaster Recovery cloud data warehouse (Amazon Redshift).
Support for All Enterprise Business Applications
All customer business applications, such as custom applications, Business Intelligence tools, ad-hoc analysis, ETL, and ELT, can now come alive instantly and natively in the cloud data warehouse.
Fast Deployment & Simple Implementation
Hyper-Q can be deployed instantly and requires a testing phase of weeks, not months. The software does not require tuning and provides complete visibility into its operations.
High Concurrency & Workload Management Capabilities
Hyper-Q supports high concurrency and workload management capabilities in mixed application workloads.
Why the Business Chose Datometry
The customer can continue business on the existing stack while adding a new cost-effective data warehouse to create a hybrid cloud.
Hyper-Q leaves existing applications unchanged which means data warehouse replatforming projects can be fully tested in advance.
Accelerated Time to Value
Using Datometry Hyper-Q, the customer reduced the time of setting up a Disaster Recovery system from years to weeks.
Preserve Business Investment
Hyper-Q does not require the rewriting of applications—typically, a long, expensive, and risk-laden process for enterprises—thus allowing the customer to protect their long-standing investments in the development of mission-critical business logic.
How Datometry Hyper-Q Adaptive Data Virtualization Technology Works
Datometry’s first-of-its-kind Adaptive Data Virtualization™ technology enables enterprises to run instantly and manage applications in cloud databases or data warehouses, within multiple databases or data warehouses, in the cloud, or between different cloud platforms. What this means for the enterprise is that business applications do not need to be rewritten or reconfigured, but can directly talk to Datometry Hyper-Q as if it were the original database or data warehouse. For example, applications originally developed for Teradata can now run transparently on Microsoft SQL DW, Amazon Redshift, Pivotal Greenplum, and other data warehouses.
Learn more about product features, platform overview, and read answers to many frequently asked questions at the Hyper-Q product page.
Sponsored by Datometry