Raima Database Manager is the solution for:
- High performance applications, through in-memory and snapshot support
- Edge/remote data with low power availability
- Applications that are sensitive to application footprint
- Applications that will need multiplatform support whether it is desktop and/or real-time platforms
- RDM has support for most common programming language developers prefer.
Below you will find some of the new RDM features:
For pure SQL developers, RDM extensive SQL supports both SQL PL and stored procedures.
Raima Database Manager supports the INCITS/ISO/IEC 9075-2:2011  SQL standard. The feature-rich SQL component allows for very rapid and simple deployment of an SQL database system using RDM.
RDM 14.1 will support scrollable cursors in SQL. This feature will let the user navigate bi-directionally on a single result set cursor from any SQL query. This will increase the performance on queries where the user needs to go to both the next and previous members.
In RDM 14.1, SQL triggers allows for the user to define a procedure which automatically executes on a table whenever that table is modified through an Insert, Update or Delete statement.
For users needing access to the most performant read speeds without interruption from write transactions, Raima now supports database snapshots. Users can create a snapshot of the database at any point in time and read from that static data until the snapshot is closed.
RDM 14.1 will have an optimized R-tree index implementation specifically designed to be used for applications that needs to display geospatial data. This index type will facilitate quick bounding box lookups and efficient file storage.
- Performance Improvements
RDM has been optimized for both on-disk and in-memory environments with a unique new architecture of the database file format, along with algorithmic optimizations. Every package includes performance examples that show how much faster RDM benchmarks against competitors, for easy comparison and evaluation.
- Smaller databases require less effort to search through for data and so Raima´s new platform independent file format with vacuuming enabled ensures a compact database at all times.
- Changes for pages can be tracked so clients do not need to reread pages that have not been changed
- Optimized platform independent file format
- Data is written only once allowing less writes and letting snapshots be freed even earlier in the process
- Automatic compression gives performance boosts and creates less data for storage
For more features in RDM 14.1 check this link
Raima is a provider of high-performance, In Memory, always-on database management system technology for both in-memory database usage and persistent storage devices. We deliver database solutions that are cross-platform, small-footprint database systems designed for distributed architecture in resource-constrained environments. Visit our website at www.raima.com.