Redis Day Tel Aviv on March 6 and RedisConf19 on April 1-3 in San Francisco to Kick-off 2019 Global Redis Community Events
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., February 26, 2019—Redis Labs, the home of Redis and provider of Redis Enterprise, today announced its 14th consecutive quarter of double-digit growth and annual growth of more than 60 percent with the conclusion of the company’s 2019 fiscal year on January 31, 2019. Building on these results and after securing $60 million in Series E financing, Redis Labs will accelerate its plans in the new fiscal year across sales, marketing, and product development to meet the demands of modern enterprise applications for a multi-model database that delivers the performance, high availability, deployment flexibility, and seamless scaling necessary to power instant experiences.
Major enterprises continue to choose Redis Enterprise as their primary database including 70 percent of Fortune 10 companies and 36 percent of Fortune 50 companies. Redis Labs continues to win new and expand business with Global 1000 enterprises including Alliance Data, ANZ Bank, Applied Materials, British Airways, Carrefour, Dick’s Sporting Goods, FedEx, Thomas Cook, Mercedes Benz, Nordea, UIPath, and WestPac.
“Redis Labs’ customer wins, community support, and overall market success gives us the confidence to build the next great database company. Today, high performance, deployment flexibility, and high availability are no longer a luxury but a necessity for enterprises looking to stand out among competitors,” said Ofer Bengal, co-founder and CEO at Redis Labs. “Redis Enterprise delivers the requirements for a multi-model cloud-native database that operates at record-breaking performance with unmatched cost efficiency.”
Expanded leadership team
- Rafael Torres joined Redis Labs in November 2018 as the company’s first Chief Financial Officer. For over eighteen years, Torres has served in Chief Financial Officer positions, most recently scaling pre-IPO and public companies in the semiconductor, networking, and enterprise software markets.
- Alvin Richards has been promoted to Chief Product Officer to continue the company’s market leadership in delivering innovation for the multi-model database market. Since joining Redis Labs in late 2017 as Chief Education Officer, Richards has led the launch of Redis University, a global education initiative to foster the Redis community and enable developers to learn from leading Redis experts.
Growing global footprint
- Redis Labs’ global headcount has increased 50 percent in the past year, with the company finishing the 2019 fiscal year with more than 250 full-time employees.
- As the company scales its global go-to-market team, new offices in Austin, Texas, and Bangalore, India have been opened to drive customer success and adoption of Redis Enterprise.
- Additionally, in 2018, the company expanded its Mountain View corporate headquarters and moved its research and development center into a new central Tel Aviv office tower.
Delivering an enterprise-grade high-performance multi-model database
- RedisGraph and Streams were launched in October 2018 to enable faster decision-making by businesses and accelerate the arrival of zero latency apps and services for their customers.
- New distributed aggregation and Phonetics and Spell Check capabilities were introduced for the popular RediSearch module.
- Redis Labs’ unique conflict-free replicated data type (CRDT)-based active-active geo distribution capabilities were extended to all major Redis data types with causal consistency guarantee.
Building a vibrant global community
- Since its launch in June 2018, Redis University has seen 60 percent quarterly growth, engaging students in 114 countries. The program already has a graduation rate well exceeding industry norms. With the upcoming launch of the first Java and Redis Streams courses in April, and still more courses planned, Redis University will continue to grow into a core center of learning for Redis users worldwide.
- The company hosted more than 2,000 Redis enthusiasts at its 2018 global community events in San Francisco, Tel Aviv, and for the first time, London, in October 2018.
- The 10th anniversary of the Redis database will be celebrated throughout the year with the Redis community beginning with Redis Day Tel Aviv on March 6, RedisConf19 in San Francisco on April 1-3, Redis Day London in November, and for the first time Redis Day New York in June.
Partnering with leading platforms
- In the past year, exciting new strategic partnerships have been launched with Google Cloud and Red Hat with the releases of Redis Enterprise for Google Cloud Platform and Red Hat OpenShift.
- Redis Labs became One Commercial Partner (OCP) and co-sell ready with Microsoft Azure with the launch of Redis Enterprise on Azure.
- The company’s rapidly expanding partnership and joint customer wins with Pivotal, include being awarded Pivotal Partner of the Year for Customer Impact with special recognition from Michael Dell. Redis Labs was also selected as a top ISV partner by VMware by working closely with Pivotal and VMware to sell PKS (Pivotal Container Service).
- For the second time, IDG’s InfoWorld named Redis a 2019 Technology of the Year.
- Redis climbed to become the seventh most popular database in DB-Engines ranking of more than 300 databases, based on the third highest growth in 2018.
- Redis Labs was recognized as a January 2019 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Operational Database Management Systems and has the highest rating among the top seven database providers.
- Redis became the first database to achieve 1 billion launches on Docker Hub in 2018.
About Redis Labs
Modern businesses depend on the power of real-time data. With Redis Labs, organizations deliver instant experiences in a highly reliable and scalable manner. Redis Labs is the home of Redis, the world’s most popular in-memory database, and commercial provider of Redis Enterprise that delivers superior performance, matchless reliability and unparalleled flexibility for high-speed transactions, recommendation engines, data ingest, fraud mitigation, real-time indexing, session management and caching.
Redis Labs, ranked as a leader in top analyst reports on NoSQL, in-memory databases, operational databases, and database-as-a-service, is trusted by seven Fortune 10 companies, three of the four credit card issuers, three of the top five communication companies, three of the top five healthcare companies, six of the top eight technology companies, and four of the top seven retailers.