OSCON, July 15-18, 2019 Portland, OR, US
Training & Tutorials
Keynotes & Sessions
OSCON provides complete coverage of open source technology and projects, no matter the origin or affiliation. Rather than focus on a single language or aspect, our program solely focuses on projects in areas of innovation including cloud, AI, infrastructure, blockchain, edge computing, architecture, and emerging languages.
The OSCON Business Summit is designed specifically for executives, business leaders, and strategists. The high-level case studies presented will feature the most promising and successful developments in open source for the enterprise. You’ll get an insider’s look at the open source implementations that will have the most profound impact on your business.
OSCON: Ground Zero for the evolution of Open Source
For over 20 years, OSCON has been the focal point of the open source movement. The inception of OSCON came from an event focused on Perl and grew to cover the other scripting languages. It has since evolved into the destination for all things free and open. The event has also provided a platform for the launch of major initiatives such as Kubernetes 1.0 and OpenStack—both announced at OSCON.
Today, OSCON continues to be the catalyst for innovation, bringing together large corporations and grass-roots communities to share insights and foster change. Open source helps technology to thrive, and OSCON continues on with the tradition of bringing you the latest technological advances and a path to successfully implement open source in your workflow.
Who Should Attend
OSCON welcomes anyone who’s passionate about open source:
- Software developers and programmers
- Software architects
- Systems engineers
- CxOs and technical leads
- DevOps practitioners
- Hackers and geeks
- IT Managers
- Enterprise developers and managers
- Entrepreneurs and business development professionals
- Community leaders and managers
- Trainers and educators
- Vendors and suppliers in the open source ecosystem
OSCON will educate, provoke, and inspire, with:
- Over a hundred sessions covering the full range of open source languages and platforms
- Practical tutorials that go deep into technical skills, new features and applications, and best practices
- Inspirational (and relevant) keynote presentations
- Thousands of open source developers, hackers, experts, vendors, and users of all levels—many of whom share your interests
- An Expo Hall packed with an impressive array of open source projects and products
- A vibrant “hallway track” where attendees, speakers, journalists, and vendors debate and discuss important issues
- Fun evening events and receptions, Birds of a Feather sessions, awards ceremonies, late night parties, OSCON activities around town, and plenty of networking opportunities for everyone
Going beyond open source
Open source is at the core of the software development. But today, you have to go deeper. You need to know how to implement new technologies like Kubernetes and TensorFlow. You need to work in a cloud environment that isn’t always open source-friendly. To know how machine learning can make or break your code. Whether you’re looking to understand where software development is headed, or want to dive into the key technologies that you need to build resilient, useful, innovative software, the O’Reilly Open Source Software Conference is where you’ll find the answers you need.
Registration is now open for OSCON 2019
At OSCON, you’ll explore the five key ideas that are driving software development forward today:
- Open source. Innovative and emerging open source projects (everything from blockchain to machine learning frameworks) are at the heart of software development—and OSCON 2019.
- Cloud native. Although they’re not completely open source, cloud native solutions allow open source to thrive. You can’t work in software development without a solid understanding of cloud native frameworks.
- Data-driven. Software developers today need to know how to deal with massive amounts of data and how to use techniques like streaming data and edge computing to create fast, reactive, resilient applications.
- AI enhanced. Machine learning, deep learning, and natural language processing are making significant changes to how we build software today.
- Customer-centered. Product management and design are essential to ensuring that coding and development are used to their fullest potential.
Join the OSCON community to understand where to focus your efforts, which partners you can count on, and how to choose and implement new solutions. Bring your team and accelerate the learning opportunities.
Discover what people are saying about OSCON
OSCON Training Courses
Immerse yourself in two days of in-depth education on critical topics. Training courses take place July 15-16 and are limited in size to maintain a high level of learning and instructor interaction.
- Apply to speak at j.day by May 24
- Apply to speak at AI Ops Day by June 3
- Early Price ends June 7
- Book your hotel by June 24 and save
Diversity and inclusion at OSCON
We believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. Please read our Diversity Statement and learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion scholarship program. The conference takes place in an ADA-compliant venue where we provide a nursing room and all-gender restroom access; we also live-caption the keynote presentations and offer childcare expenses reimbursement.
To support diversity in the larger tech community, O’Reilly works with inclusion-focused nonprofits. While OSCON registration is open, we’re raising funds for MotherCoders and invite you to join us. Learn more »
We’re committed to creating a safe and productive environment for everyone at all of our events. Please read our Code of Conduct.
OSCON will take place at the Oregon Convention Center, a short light rail or streetcar ride away from top restaurants, tax-free shopping, and quirky attractions. Make the most of your limited time to network and learn by staying at one of the official conference hotels. Find out more aboutaccessibility and reserve your room.