Goethe Interactive COVID-19 Analyzer
Compare Covid-19 outbreaks, create your own plots!
Claudius Gros / Fabian Schubert / Carolin Roskothen
Institute for Theoretical Physics — Goethe University Frankfurt
How to use / Support
- Select the same country multiple times to compare fatalities/case counts
- Rescale the y axis to see if the case counts of two or more countries are functionally similar,
rescale both x and y axis to compare XI representations (daily vs total case counts);
can be done both for case counts and fatalities.
- Shift the timeline of a country by a few days to match the onset of the outbreak.
- n-day centered moving averages are provided; examples:
n=3: mean of previous-, current- and subsequent day
n=1: raw data
- Examine total or per capita data
- Pick a custom color by clicking the color wheel
- Export your plot to a png-image, using
- For support please contact Fabian Schubert: click to show email
- Additional functionalities are planned.
Representations of an Epidemic Outbreak
- Timeline: Data (case/total counts) as a function of time (date)
- XI representation: I: daily counts (cases/fatalities) as a function of X: total counts (cases/fatalities)
Time is implicit; allows to compare/extract parameters
- Publication: “Containment efficiency and control strategies for the Corona pandemic costs”,
C. Gros, R. Valenti, L. Schneider, K. Valenti, D. Gros (2020)
Covid-19 Data Sources
- ECDC: European Center for Disease Control open Covid-19 data (world wide countries)
- JH-CSSE: John Hopkins Center For Systems Science and Engineering Covid-19 Github repository (US states)
- World and EU aggregates: calculated from ECDC data.
- The Goethe Interactive COVID-19 Analyzer is free to use.
- Graphics produced can be used both for private and commercial purposes,
when including the disclaimer “Produced using the Goethe Interactive COVID-19 Analyzer”.
- Online publications need to include a link to this website.
- We notify that the used Covid-19 data may contain errors and inconsistencies.
- Please take the note of the data privacy statement.