International Conference on Object Databases (ICOODB)
I`d like to inform you that the ICOODB 2009 registration has opened. The conference will take place on 1-3 July 2009 at ETH Zurich in Zurich, Switzerland.
“Registration can be done at the conference Web site.
ICOODB 2009 is the second in a series of international conferences aimed at promoting the exchange of information and ideas between members of the object database community.
A key feature of the conference is its goal to bring together developers, users and researchers. At the same time, the conference aims to meet the needs of the different sub-communities. The conference therefore consists of three different tracks offered as a tutorial day, an industry day and a research day.
Here are some highlights:
–One Day Tutorial Introduction to Object Databases by Rick Cattell together with leading technical experts from vendors: Robert Greene (Versant), Leon Guzenda (Objectivity), Adrian Marriott (Progress/ObjectStore) and Patrick Roemer (Versant/db4o).
– 3 Half-Day Tutorials on Couch DB (Jan Lehnardt), Converting EERM into ODMG’s ODL Constructs (Joseph Vella), and Using C# for .Net with an ODBMS (Nic Caine and Leon Guzenda).
– Keynote: “How Far OODBMS’s Have Come and a Look into their Future” by Jochen Witte and Robert Greene, Versant
– Industry Day with 14 presentations and a Panel “A New Renaissance for ODBMSs ?”
– Research Day including 9 research presentations
– Demo Session
– Awards for the best persistent patterns on July 2.