I published some new resources.
1. A new interesting User Report: 33/10 by Tilmann Zäschke. Tilmann used to work for the European Space Agency- His task there was to implement a persistence backend for the Herschel Space Observatory. The Herschel Space Observatory is a satellite that performs observations in the far infrared spectrum, in particular observing very old objects with a high red-shift. The life time of the satellite is limited to 3-4 years, during which it is expected to produce 15TB of data. You can download the User Report: 33/10.
2. An article by German Viscuso: “Using Object Database db4o as Storage Provider in Voldemort.” Voldemort’s local persistence component allows for different storage engines to be plugged in. In his article German shows how to create a new storage engine that uses db4o as storage engine in Voldemort. You can download the paper (PDF).
The source code is available under the Apache 2.0 license.
3. Three revised TechView Product Reports:
– db4o TechView Product Report -Updated July 2010
– Objectivity/DB TechView Product Report-Updated June 2010.
– ObjectStore TechView Product Report -Updated August 2010.