Emerging Rules on Artificial Intelligence: Trojan Horses of Ethics in the Realm of Law?
How are Ethics and Law related to each other? What does it mean for Artificial Intelligence?
– no cross-cutting legal (or ethical) rules on artificial intelligence
– dispersed specific rules, for instance on algorithmic trading (§ 80 para. 2 WpHG)
– National strategy on Artificial Intelligence (November 2018), with promise to test and, if necessary, to modify the rules applicable to AI
– Focus on implementation of ethical standards (Ethics by, in and for Design)
– Rules implemented by companies (German Telekom) or by industry associations (Global Policy Framework of the International Technology Law Association)
I recommend this interesting lecture:
– Lecture (1 hour).
Prof. Florian Möslein
Frankfurt Big Data Lab, May 28, 2020