Brigitte Piniewski, MD, PeaceHealth Laboratories.
Chief Medical Officer, PeaceHealth Laboratories serving Alaska, Washington and Oregon, many years of front line medical practice as a primary care physician in both the U.S. and Canada, significant experience in both outpatient clinic and in-patient hospital care, currently full-time role in laboratory medical administration, leading several innovative projects, successfully connecting technical solutions to complex medical problems, wide healthcare and technology expertise with skills to quickly assess complex new business opportunities, possesses diverse understanding of both administrative and on-the-ground challenges of healthcare technology deployment, knowledge of how to assemble and impassion a diverse team of stakeholders to achieve a common goal, strong commitment to deliver on-time, every time, unwavering honesty and ethical integrity.
• Chief Medical Officer for PeaceHealth Laboratories serving Alaska, Washington and Oregon. Responsible for exploring new laboratory and health information technologies to expand the traditional clinical lab’s service offerings and business models.
• Member Board of Directors, Ascendant Diagnostics a start-up biotech company in Arkansas investigating Breast Cancer markers human tears
• Principle Investigator for the YesiWell employee wellness project which generated the “Semantic Mining of Activity, Social and Health data” (SMASH) collaboration across several academic centers and NIH/NIGMS # Ro1GM103309 funding.
• Vice Chair, Market Adoption working group, Continua Health Alliance, an international alliance linking medical device industry players to achieve interoperability across technical solutions.
• Teaching primary care physician in community health clinics in Idaho servicing the uninsured and the underprivileged. Strong maternity practice with regular in-patient hospital deliveries and general medical care.
• Primary care specializing in maternity and perinatal care in Vancouver Canada. Co-ordinated the continuing medical education program and also directed the Burnaby substance abuse clinic.
University of Victoria, B.C. Pre-Med 1978 – 1983 Pre-Medical
University of British Columbia MD 1983 – 1987 Doctorate in Medicine
University of McGill, Montreal 1987 – 1988 General Medicine Internship