Welcome to ODBMS.ORG!
The Resource Portal for Big Data, New Data Management Technologies and Data Science.
“The ODBMS.ORG portal is a mission-critical resource for any serious 21st century software professional. It is indispensable, and a key element in promoting state-of-the-art software craftsmanship.”
—Philippe Kahn, Technology Innovator and Entrepreneur.
ODBMS.ORG in 2015
A Wealth of Supporters Starts 2015!
The world of data management is changing:
Big Data, Analytical data platforms, Cloud platforms, Graphs Databases, In-Memory Databases, NewSQL databases, NoSQL data stores, Object-relational bindings, RDF Stores, Service platforms, and new approaches to concurrency control are all hot topics both in industry and academia.
These systems are referred to as “Operational Database Management Systems” (ODBMS).
ODBMS.ORG offers educational resources in all of these new areas.
All materials and downloads are free and anonymous.
Latest Posts from ODBMS Industry Watch:
- On Apache Flink. Interview with Volker Markl.
- Data for the Common Good. Interview with Andrea Powell
- Big Data and the financial services industry. Interview with Simon Garland
- Big Data and Procurement. Interview with Shobhit Chugh
- On Data Mining and Data Science. Interview with Charu Aggarwal
- On Graph Databases. Interview with Emil Eifrem
- Powering Big Data at Pinterest. Interview with Krishna Gade.
- On HP Distributed R. Interview with Walter Maguire and Indrajit Roy
- The Gaia mission in 2015. Interview with Uwe Lammers and Vik Nagjee
- On Database Resilience. Interview with Seth Proctor