Welcome to ODBMS.ORG!
The Resource Portal for Big Data and New Data Management Technologies.
“The ODBMS.ORG portal is a mission-critical resource for any serious 21st century software professional. It is indispensable, and a key element in promoting state-of-the-art software craftsmanship.”
–Philippe Kahn, Technology Innovator and Entrepreneur.
ODBMS.ORG in 2014
A Wealth of Supporters Starts 2014!
The world of data management is changing:
Big Data, Analytical data platforms, Scalable Cloud platforms, NoSQL data stores, NewSQL databases, Object databases, Object-relational bindings, Service platforms, and new approaches to concurrency control are all hot topics both in industry and academia.
These systems are referred to as “Operational Database Management Systems” (ODBMS).
ODBMS.ORG offers educational resources in all of these new areas.
All materials and downloads are free and anonymous.
Latest Posts from ODBMS Industry Watch:
- On Mobile Data Management. Interview with Bob Wiederhold
- On Hadoop RDBMS. Interview with Monte Zweben.
- AsterixDB: Better than Hadoop? Interview with Mike Carey
- Big Data Management at American Express. Interview with Sastry Durvasula and Kevin Murray.
- Using NoSQL at BMW. Interview with Jutta Bremm and Peter Palm.
- Hadoop at Yahoo. Interview with Mithun Radhakrishnan
- The Global Alliance for Genomics and Health. Interview with David Haussler
- Predictive Analytics in Healthcare. Interview with Steve Nathan
- On Big Data benchmarks. Interview with Francois Raab and Yanpei Chen.
- On making information accessible. Interview with David Leeming.